So, last night I made a huge pot of Chicken Tortilla Stew. It’s a rich, creamy, and filling stew that is NOT for anyone on a diet! It’s great right off the stove, but so much better the next day!
And it’s also somewhat versatile in that you can use whatever vegetables you prefer, or no vegetables at all.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 20 large or 40 small flour tortillas
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 2 sticks of butter
- 20 chicken bullion cubes (or enough chicken soup base to make 16 cups)
- 16 cups of water
- Wondra flour
- two bags of frozen vegetables of your choice (I use corn, usually)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the chicken breast however you want! Broiled, baked, grilled, boiled. Doesn’t matter as long as it is thoroughly cooked and cut up into bite-sized pieces and not heavily seasoned.
- In a very large pot, combine the water and the chicken bullion/soup base and bring it to a boil.
- As the water is heating, spread Wondra flour onto each of the tortillas. Then stack the tortillas and cut into strips about 1/2 inch by 2 inches.
- Once your water/bullion is boiling, add your chicken, 2 sticks of butter, frozen vegetables, and evaporated milk. Bring back to a boil, mixing as needed to keep solids off the bottom of the pot.
- Once boiling again, add all of the tortilla strips, and stir. Turn down the heat and simmer until the broth has thickened. You might need more Wondra in the mix in order to thicken it.
- It’s done once the broth is thick like a chowder.
If you would rather have a soup, don’t add the Wondra. The tortillas will soak up much of the broth, and some of the pieces will even dissolve into the mix, so it will thicken, but will be thinner without the flour.
Give it a try! You’ll love it!
So, I was going through Buzzfeed and found this article about an artist who was painting some of Disney’s most iconic princesses and villains as opposite genders (article here) and came across this picture:
What an utterly brilliant design!
Maleficent was always one of my favorite Disney villains simply because she turned into a dragon, and I have a thing for dragons. And the artist does amazing work with making it believable that Maleficent could, in fact, be male!
You can see more of Sakimichan’s work at her DeviantArt page here!
So, on Monday, Fredonia begins it’s Spring semester. I don’t start until Tuesday, because that is just how I set up my schedule.
But the great thing is that it is my LAST SEMESTER! After 5.5 years of college, I am more than ready to get back into the real working world.
And as if I wasn’t already excited because it’s my last semester, turns out only 2 of my classes require books for me to purchase, so I am not going to be spending a huge fortune at the bookstore (like last semesters $1500).
And since I only go to classes on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, I get 4-day weekends every week, though during tax season I will be there on Saturdays doing taxes for low-income and elderly households.
But overall, I cannot wait until May, when I can finally leave class for the last time and start into whatever job I manage to get.
So, I just realized that even though I wasn’t updating this website all that often, I still had a lot of stuff attached to it!
I didn’t lose just the posts, I lost all of the pictures, the pages upon pages of writing I had, as well as all of the sub-domains, which included (and some of you will know what I am talking about) THE ZOMBIE MOVIE SITE!
Also, those of you who had subscriptions to my site will find that you no longer have a subscription. At this point, I am not positive I want to recreate a subscription system, since this set-up I have installed automatically posts everything I put on the website to Twitter, Google+, and Facebook. This means that those people I would normally want to subscribe to the website are already connected to me via those other systems.
Anyway, I am hoping to start getting all of my materials back online as soon as I can, especially the writing portion of the site. I just have to find the original documents and copy/paste them into new pages. I also need to rebuild the photo galleries, which will give me the chance to make some changes, and also put better pictures into the system.
Keep your eyes open, cause as I post this stuff, the site should blast out to the social networks. You should be able to see when I update.
Well, here it is, an all new website with an all old look!
Had a bit of a problem with the web site today, and when trying to fix it I made a mistake. I basically corrupted the database that runs in the background, rendering the original website system totally useless!
So, I created a new database, removed all of the program files from my web server, and started over from scratch!
What the hell, it’s a new year, might as well have a fresh new website system to go with it! Thank God WordPress is so damned easy to use that once I got to the idea of starting fresh it was pretty simple to get up and running all over again.
Now, let’s see if I can manage to post more than just once ever 3 or 4 months now!